Thursday, October 4, 2012

Day 4 - Outside Adventure

Today there were a lot of firsts for my family. I took my kids outside to play in the backyard for the first time. Now, don't get me wrong, I have taken my kids out to play in the park, to the zoo and for walks so they do get out. However, today was the first time I took them to the backyard. This summer has been so hot that I didn't want to take the baby out for long. Oh, and I had that whole recovering from a massive blood clot thing this summer too. Today was perfect though. So I decided not to waste the day and let them play in the yard.

What you need (of course all of these are optional):

Yard
Sunscreen
Toys
Waterproof blanket
(and if you have a pet like we do) Fence

What we did:

First, I got out the sunscreen and covers the kids' faces and ears (and in Cayleigh's case, her head too!). Then, I got out the waterproof blanket for the first time. We got it for summer picnics but that never happened. It works great for a baby play area! Connor ran straight to his T-ball set and wanted to play with that and then switched over to the basketball. He's not tall enough to throw it into the basket himself so he made me do it.

While Connor and I were playing with his toys, Cayleigh was busy discovering grass. I placed her on the blanket so that she was on her stomach with her hands over the edge. She was so fascinated that she stayed like that for 10 minutes without complaining! She had a blast feeling the grass and looking at it. When she was done with that I picked her and the blanket up and put then inside the screened porch were she could watch Connor and me play and I could see her.

What I would change:

Nothing! It was a great afternoon outside with the kids and I am so happy I got the chance to do it.


Oh, and the other first of the day was: Cayleigh sat by herself! Go Cayleigh! Pictures to come...

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a great day. I love how some of the most simple things can make for a good time. :)

    ReplyDelete