Monday, October 29, 2012

Day 29 - Easy Oven Grilled Cheese Pizza



Baby girl is teething up a storm today so I haven't really had time to do anything, including feed the munchlet (as Connor is fondly known). Add to that the fact that we have basically nothing easy to make in the house and I came up with this recipe on the fly.

Oven Grilled Cheese Pizza:

Here's what you need:

Bread
Cheese (any kind you like)
Butter
Pizza Sauce (ready made or homemade)

Here's what I did:

Turn oven as hot as possible but not on broil. Butter one side of the bread just like you would for grilled cheese. Put bread, butter side up, on cookie sheet. Add cheese to cover top of bread but stay away from the edges a bit. Place in oven until cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and cut bread into 1" strips. Serve hot on plate with pizza sauce for dipping.

Here's what we thought:

I used cheddar cheese because it is what we had. However, you really could use any type of cheese you want. I think I will try it with mozzarella next time. Connor loved this simple recipe. He ate a piece and a half of bread in about 10 minutes. I thought it would be cleaner because he could dip the toast into the pizza sauce. Unfortunately, my tot decided he would stick his finger in the sauce and spread that unto his bread instead of dipping it. It also lead to some pizza sauce finger painting but I didn't mind because he was loving it.


Hope you all enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment