Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Day 24 - Citrus Lane

I am in love with this monthly subscription box for kids (newborn to 3). I thought I would talk a bit about it since Connor got his first box this month and because there is a groupon available for it right now.

What is it:

Citrus Lane is a monthly subscription box created specifically for babies and toddlers. Each month they create a box based on parent recommendation and centered on a theme. The box can include toys, books, food and parenting essentials.

Why I like it:

When you get the box in the mail it has a splash of yellow on it which immediately attracts the attention of any tot in the room. Connor was no exception and I only managed to get one picture before he was pulling everything out of the box and demanding I open everything so he could use it. The theme for October was "Fall Fun". Each box is tailored to your child's age and development. Inside the box for my toddler was the following:
  • A pouch of Ella's Kitchen "big smiles cheesy potatoes with veggies"  ($2.49)
  • A Munchkin Toddler Dip Dish ($5.99)
  • An Oball by Rhino Toys ($4.99)
  • A bottle of BabyGanics Smooth Moves Daily Lotion ($5.49)
  • I Can Do it Too! by Karen Baicker book ($9.99)
  • a DHC Deep Cleansing Oil mini for mama ($4.99)
Connor loved the book and I thought it was great too. The toddler dish was a big hit because Connor loves his dipping sauces but hates it touching other things. The Oball was a hit too because Connor could play with Cayleigh, rolling and tossing it about without me worrying it would hurt her. I liked the BabyGanics lotion because it doesn't have an overpowering smell and is plant based. The only downsides to this box were the Ella's Kitchen ouch and the DHC oil. While Connor usually goes for Ella's Kitchen and loves the pouches, he didn't like this flavor at all. That was sad but not their fault since I didn't even know he wouldn't like it. As to the oil, I won't use it and I'm not interested in thing for me in my kid's boxes. Luckily, they only do something for mama every few months so it is usually all for baby. Oh, and if you want to know how much that totals, it's $33.94. However, the monthly cost is only $25. While that doesn't seems to be that much of a savings, I had a discount code for the first month for 50% off. That means I got $33.94 worth of stuff for just $12.50!



Oh, and I have great news for you! There is a groupon at this link
http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-subscription-to-citrus-lane?c=all&p=16
for a 3 month Citrus Lane Subscription for only $35! That's $40 off! It's only for new members though so don't buy it if you already subscribe.

Also, if you use this link
https://www.citruslane.com/invitedby/Belinda.Miller
I get $15 credit towards my next box. So if you are subscribing based on my review please use this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment