Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Day 10 - Baby Lap Games

Today I did some research into fun lap games to play with Cayleigh. Basically, a lap game is a song you sing while bouncing, swinging or doing other things with baby. There are a lot out there.

What you need:

Your baby/toddler
A simple song or chant

What you do:

A good example and one Cayleigh really liked is the classic "The wheels on the bus". Almost everyone knows this song so I will just go through the motions I used.

The wheels on the bus go round and round (move baby's arms in gentle circles while singing)
The wipers on the bus go back and forth (move baby's arms from side to side)
The horn on the bus go beep beep beep (move baby's hands like honking a horn)
The doors on the bus go open and shut/close (clap Baby's hands together)

There are some other verses too but I think you all get the idea. I also bounced Cayleigh gently to make it seem like we were in a car/bus. It's fun and simple and really entertains a small child. My toddler loves them still too.  We also did "I'm a little tea pot", "We're going on a bear hunt", "Itsy bitsy spider", "Twinkle twinkle little star" and "Acca bacca soda cracker".

What I would do differently:

Next time I am hoping to learn some new ones to try out too. Oh, and one of the best places to go learn new sings is at one of the Louisville Library's story times. I'm thinking about going next week. It will be another first!

No comments:

Post a Comment